OnePlus is actively rolling out updates for their current flagships and the previous ones. They have released the latest OxygenOS 3.5.5 update for OnePlus 2. This will enable users to do calls over LTE a much-awaited feature for the users. Although it was unofficially available for quite some time on the HydrogenOS. HydrogenOS is the Chinese equivalent of OxygenOS with a different UI approach.
Now you can Install OxygenOS 3.5.5 on OnePlus 2 and enable VoLTE functionality. We have prepared this guide to help you. This is a manual method in case if you are on a different ROM or so. OxygenOS 3.5.5 comes with various bug fixes, many applications optimized and various modes according to usage.
How to Install OxygenOS 3.5.5 on OnePlus 2
- Enable USB Debugging on your OnePlus 2.
- Download ADB and Fastboot drivers (for Windows). Click here.
- Install ADB and Fastboot drivers.
- Now Download the OxygenOS 3.5.5 for OnePlus 2 and move the file to the directory where ADB is installed (generally C:\\ADB).
- Boot your smartphone into recovery mode. Switch it off and then hold volume down and power key together.
- From recovery select “Install from ADB Sideload/USB“
- Connect the OnePlus 2 to your computer.
- Then open the directory where ADB was installed.
- Hold shift key + right click, a dialogue box will appear select “open command window here“.
- A command prompt window will open. Type “adb devices” to check whether your smartphone is successfully connected or not.
- After that type “adb sideload File_Name.zip” replace File_Name with the name of the zip file.
- Let it install. Then Reboot.
Another way to install the Update (without unlocked bootloader)
- Transfer the zip file to your phone.
- Open Recovery mode.
- Select “Install from Local”
- Browse the zip file of the ROM
- Install it.