Today we are posting a guide that will help you downgrade from Android Nougat to Android Marshmallow on the OnePlus 3. Recently we shared the procedure to install the OxygenOS Open Beta 8 on the OnePlus 3.
You might want to downgrade the OS of your smartphone it could be any reason – stability, user interface, camera app, bugs and more. We will help you downgrade OnePlus 3 from Nougat to Marshmallow. Be vary this is not the official way to downgrade OnePlus 3 from Nougat to Marshmallow it may cause some issues or brick your smartphone.
Downgrade OnePlus 3 from Android Nougat to Android Marshmallow
- Download the files from the links below.
- Flash the Modified TWRP which you downloaded in the above step. Our guide on Installing TWRP on OnePlus 3.
- After successfully installing the modified TWRP on your OnePlus 3.
- Transfer the OxygenOS v3.2.8 Zip file on your OnePlus 3.
- Now Reboot your smartphone into Recovery Mode. To Reboot your smartphone into recovery mode. Turn it off then hold volume down + power key together until the phone vibrates.
- If it inquires about a password to decrypt your data, just skip it and allow modifications to the system.
- After that navigate to mount and Mount System.
- Then go to Wipe menu select Advanced Wipe then select System, Repair or Change File System, Change file System to EXT4
- Now back at the Wipe menu perform a factory reset.
- After wiping your smartphone connect it to your computer and transfer the OxygenOS v3.8.2 zip file on your smartphone.
- Install the zip file of the OxygenOS v3.8.2 that you just transferred.
- After successfully flashing the zip file, reboot your smartphone into bootloader mode.
- Install ADB and Fastboot drivers on your computer. Install ADB drivers on your Windows Computer.
- Transfer the Stock Recovery zip file in ADB folder.
- Hold shift + right-click anywhere in the folder and select “open command window here” from the dialogue box.
- Type ” fastboot flash recovery STOCKRECOVERY.zip” rename STOCKRECOVERY with the actual file name.
- Reboot into recovery again
- Factory reset your phone
- Finally, you have made it.
Enjoy the Marshmallow on your OnePlus 3.