MIUI is one of the most popular Android UI in Asia. Millions of devices are running on it and now OnePlus 3 users can also install it. I am not a huge fan I like to keep it simple and organized thus I prefer stock Android. If you want to install MIUI 8 for OnePlus 3 then we have a guide for same.
Things you’ll need
Custom Recovery – Your OnePlus 3 should be equipped with a custom recovery either TWRP or CWM. Here’s how to install a custom recovery on OnePlus 3. Click here.
Battery – Your smartphone should be sufficiently charged to last the installation process.
This ROM supports Dash charge.
Guide to Install MIUI 8 for OnePlus 3
- Download the ROM for links mentioned below.
- Transfer the zip files of ROM and SuperSU into the root directory of your smartphone.
- Now boot your smartphone into recovery mode. To boot your OnePlus 3 into recovery mode, Turn off your device then press Volume Down + Power Key together to boot into recovery mode.
- Perform a backup. Highly Recommended.
- Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache, System and User Data.
- Back at the main menu. Tap on Install.
- Then browse the zip file of MIUI 8 for OnePlus 3. Swipe to install.
- Flash SuperSU zip file if you want to have root access on your smartphone.
- Wipe Dalvik cache and cache again.
- Reboot to the system.