OnePlus began rolling out the latest OxygenOS 4.0.1 update for OnePlus 3T and the OnePlus 3. This update has introduced some features like customize notification, settings menu, now has Custom DPI support and also supports multi-window.
This is an incremental update and you might have already received and installed it. For those who have rooted their smartphone or for some reason looking for a manual method to install the update can follow up this tutorial to install OxygenOS 4.0.1 for OnePlus 3T and OnePlus 3.
How to Install OxygenOS 4.0.1 for OnePlus 3T and OnePlus 3
For OnePlus 3 Non-Root Users
- Download the OxygenOS 4.0.1 OTA zip file from the download links mentioned below.
- Save the file to internal storage of your smartphone.
- Navigate to Settings>>System Updates >> Settings Icon >> Local Upgrade and Browse the zip file you transferred.
- After that select “upgrade now”
- Let the process continue
- After the file is successfully installed your phone will automatically restart and you can Enjoy the latest version of OxygenOS 4.0.1 on your OnePlus 3T.
For OnePlus 3T Rooted Users
- If your smartphone is rooted then you need to have a custom recovery installed on your phone. Click here to install TWRP on OnePlus 3T.
- Download OxygenOS 4.0.1 Full ROM from the link below.
- Transfer the zip file to your smartphone.
- Now boot your smartphone into recovery mode.
- Create a backup of your current ROM. This is highly recommended.
- Now go to Wipe>>Advanced Wipe>>Select Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache, System and Data.
- After Wiping. Select Install from the Main Menu.
- Then browse the zip file you transferred.
- Install the zip file.
- Wipe cache and dalvik cache again.
- Reboot the system.
For OnePlus 3 Non-Rooted Stock Recovery
- Download the OxygenOS 4.0.1 zip file and transfer it to your smartphone. The download link is mentioned below.
- Now switch off your smartphone. Boot into recovery mode. Hold volume down + power key simultaneously.
- Select “Apply Update” and select “Choose from Internal Storage.”
- Now browse the OTA zip file you transferred on your phone.
- Select the zip file and process of installation will commence.
- Wait until it completes.
- Reboot your OnePlus 3.
Voila, you have OxygenOS 4.0.1 on your OnePlus 3.