It seems that OnePlus is equally dedicated for both OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T. OnePlus is soon going to officially roll Android Nougat Update for both OnePlus 3 and 3T in December 2016. Yesterday they announced about the Open Beta of OxygenOS which is built on Android Nougat and currently available for OnePlus 3.
Some major improvements in Open Beta 8
- Upgraded the Android to v7.0 Nougat
New Settings Menu Design
Custom DPI Support is also added
Multi Window View
Notifications Direct Reply
- Status bar icons Options
- Improved Shelf
- Quick Launch for 3rd party apps
This is a non-OTA build for beta users if you are currently on OxygenOS beta then you have to manually install this ROM to get Android Nougat’s benefits.
- Android Pay may not work properly
- Performance/Stability issues
- Downgrade is a different Android OS is not easy
This method is only for OnePlus 3. Don’t install it on OnePlus 3T.
Beta users will not get this as OTA update
Carefully follow steps otherwise, you might brick your OnePlus 3.
How to Install OxygenOS Open Beta 8 ROM for OnePlus 3
- Enable USB Debugging on your OnePlus 3. Click here to enable USB Debugging options on a OnePlus smartphone.
- Install ADB and Fastboot drivers for your Windows PC. Click here to install ADB and Fastboot drivers.
- Download the OxygenOS Open Beta 8 zip file for OnePlus 3 from the link below.
- Paste the zip file inside ADB folder.
- Turn off your OnePlus 3
- Hold Volume Down + Power key together to boot into recovery mode. Inside recovery select Install from USB
- Now connect your OnePlus 3 to your computer.
- Open the ADB folder where you copied the Open Beta 8 zip file.
- Hold Shift and right click a dialogue box will appear and select open command window here.
- Type the following command “adb devices” to check whether your smartphone is connected or not.
- Now flash OxygenOS Open Beta 8 for OnePlus 3.
- Type “adb sideload File_Name.zip”
- Replace File_Name with the name of the zip file.
- Wait until it flashes
- Reboot your smartphone
Enjoy Android Nougat on your OnePlus 3.
Download OxygenOS Open Beta 8 for OnePlus 3. Click here.