You require a custom recovery for installing mods and ROMs. TWRP is the most used custom recovery on the internet. So today we will install TWRP on OnePlus 3 smartphone.
Thing you will need
Unlocked Bootloader – Bootloader of your smartphone should be unlocked. Click here for our guide to unlock the bootloader of OnePlus 3.
ADB and Fastboot Drivers – ADB and Fastboot drivers should be installed on your computer. Click here to install ADB in Windows.
Download TWRP for OnePlus 3. Click here to download TWRP for OnePlus 3. You need to download the latest version of TWRP.
Guide to Install TWRP on OnePlus 3
- Transfer the downloaded twrp-3.0.2-1-oneplus3.img file to ADB and Fastboot drivers folder. Usually, it is c:\\adb.
- Rename the file from twrp-3.0.2-1-oneplus3.img to recovery.img.
- Enable USB debugging on your smartphone. Click here to enable USB debugging on your device.
- Enable Advance Reboot in Developer Options.
- Press and hold power key. Then tap on Reboot. Select bootloader from the options.
- Connect your device to your computer.
- Open ADB folder. Usually, C:\\adb.
- Hold Shift and Right Click. Select “open command window here”
- Type “fastboot devices” to see whether your OnePlus 3 made a successful connection with your PC or not.
- Type “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” to flash TWRP on OnePlus 3.
- Type “fastboot reboot” to reboot your device.
Enjoy TWRP on your OnePlus 3.