Today I will describe the procedure to unlock the bootloader of your OnePlus 3. The process is quite simple but unlocking bootloader will erase all the data on your smartphone. It will factory reset your OnePlus 3. So it’s advised to perform a backup of your stuff be it applications, messages, music, movies and more.
You won’t be able to recover those files after unlocking the bootloader of your OnePlus 3.
Things you’ll need
ADB and Fastboot Drivers – Android Debug Bridge is essential for this procedure. Click here to install ADB drivers on your Windows computer.
Latest Drivers – Make sure you have latest drivers of OnePlus 3 installed on your computer.
Guide to Unlock the Bootloader of OnePlus 3
- Install ADB drivers on your system. Open the directory. Most probably it will be C:\\adb.
- Hold Shift key and Right Click. A dialogue box will pop up. Select “open command window here” to open a cmd window in C:\\adb.
- You can manually use the cd command to open C:\\adb in Command Prompt. To learn more about the command prompt commands. Click here.
- Enable USB Debugging on your OnePlus 3. If you don’t know how to enable USB debugging. Please refer here.
- Enable OEM Unlocking in Developer Options. Just like you enabled USB Debugging you’ll find OEM Unlocking Option in Developer Settings.
- Enable Advanced Reboot in Developer Options.
- Boot your smartphone into Bootloader. Hold Power Key. Tap on Reboot. It will show various options since you have enabled Advanced Reboot. Select Bootloader.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer.
- type “fastboot devices” to check whether a successful connection is established or not.
- type “fastboot oem unlock” this will unlock the bootloader of OnePlus 3.
- type “fastboot reboot” to reboot your OnePlus 3.
Setup your OnePlus 3 again. Since it has been wiped clean.