OnePlus 3T is one of the best smartphones in the World when it comes to price to performance ratio. Not only the smartphone is beefed up with the latest hardware it also has a bloat free clean user interface.
Most of the Chinese manufacturers are reluctant for some reason not to provide a clean UI. This is the main reason why people like OnePlus smartphones more than other brands. I am not saying that custom UI’s aren’t good but for me who want a simple and fast Android experience, they are just not meant for me.
Today in this post I will guide you to install TWRP on OnePlus 3T. The smartphone is still not launched in India. OnePlus is hosting a pop-up event for the same in New Delhi on 2nd of December.
TWRP my preferred recovery you can always try to install according and yes method for installing any other recovery will also be same.
Please proceed as directed any step skipped will make your smartphone a brick. Extreme caution is advised.
Things you’ll need
- ADB and Fastboot drivers for a Windows computer. Click here to install and setup ADB drivers.
- OnePlus 3T
How to Install TWRP on OnePlus 3T
- The bootloader of your OnePlus 3T should be unlocked. Click here to unlock the bootloader of OnePlus 3T.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM unlocking. Click here to unlock USB debugging. Open USB Debugging options and enable OEM unlocking.
- Open the ADB and Fastboot drivers folder. Then inside that folder hold Shift and Right Click. A dialogue box will appear. Select Open command window here.
- Download the TWRP image file from the download links below. Rename the file as recovery.img and paste it inside ADB folder.
- Now connect your smartphone to your computer and type “adb fastboot bootloader” to reboot your smartphone into fastboot mode.
- type the following command “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” to flash TWRP on OnePlus 3T.
- Now after successfully flashing TWRP on OnePlus 3T. Type “fastboot boot recovery.img“
- Your OnePlus 3T will reboot into TWRP and you will encounter with a screen asking “Allow System Modifications” if you swipe right then next step will become mandatory if you want your smartphone to boot again.
Root your smartphone using SuperSU (Bonus)
Download the latest version of SuperSU from the link below and transfer it to your smartphone without exiting TWRP. Use USB cable to transfer the file.
Install this file to obtain root access and bypass dm-verity.
OR (not both)
Disabling dm-verify without Root Access
Download the latest zip file from the link below of dm-verity and forced encryption disabler. Transfer it to your OnePlus 3 without exiting the TWRP. Flash the zip file.
- Reboot the system
Now you have successfully install TWRP on OnePlus 3T.