OnePlus 3T is the latest smartphone launched by the smartphone manufacturer OnePlus. It has been launched in several international markets and soon going to launch in India. Almost all OnePlus smartphones are popular among Android devs because OnePlus doesn’t restrict device sources and kernels.
OnePlus has also promised to upgrade OnePlus 3T and OnePlus 3 a Nougat update in Mid or End December. We have prepared a guide for you to unlock the bootloader of your OnePlus 3T. If you wish to unlock the bootloader of your OnePlus 3T then proceed further. Remember unlocking bootloader will result in a factory reset so prepare backup in advance.
How to Unlock Bootloader of OnePlus 3T
- Enable USB Debugging from the setting. Click here to know the exact procedure of Enabling USB Debugging options.
- After you have enabled USB debugging options. Open it. Look for OEM unlocking and enable it.
- Now install ADB drivers on your computer. Click here for my guide on installing ADB drivers on a Windows based computer.
- Now open the folder in which ADB and fastboot drivers were installed.
- Inside the folder hold the Shift key and Right Click. A dialogue box will appear, select open command window here.
- Turn off your OnePlus 3T
- Then Hold Volume Up + Power keys to boot your smartphone into fastboot mode.
- Connect it to your computer.
- Type the following command “fastboot devices”
- This makes sure that your smartphone has been successfully recognized and connected with your computer.
- Type “fastboot oem unlock” to unlock the bootloader of OnePlus 3T
Now you can install custom recoveries and root your smartphone with ease.