OnePlus has finally launched their latest smartphone for 2017 and we are here with all the development essentials for your OnePlus 5. Today we will unlock the bootloader of OnePlus 5.
As unlocking the bootloader is the fundamental step before installing custom recoveries and custom ROMs. A locked bootloader prevent data from being erased when stolen thus you will be left vulnerable when your smartphone is lost. One more thing unlocking the bootloader will also reset data on your smartphone.
It also includes a factory reset of your device. So prepare accordingly and backup all your important stuff before proceeding any further.
How to Unlock the Bootloader of OnePlus 5
- Make sure your OnePlus 5 is updated to the latest version of OxygenOS.
- Enable USB debugging on your OnePlus 5. Click here to know the procedure to Enable USB debugging.
- After you have Enabled USB Debugging. Look for OEM Unlocking Option and Select it.
- Enable Advanced Reboot. It can be found in Developer Options.
- Install ADB drivers on your Computer. Click here for the procedure in case you need it.
- Now open the folder where ADB drivers are installed and hold Shift Key + Right Click. A dialogue box will appear, select open command window here.
- Press power key for a couple of seconds you will see power menu. Select Reboot then Fastboot Mode/Bootloader from the inflated options.
- Plug your smartphone into the computer.
- Type the following command “fastboot devices” it will list all the successfully connected fastboot devices.
- Unlocking will wipe all of the data on your phone. Type “fastboot oem unlock” to unlock the bootloader.
- Select Yes using Volume Up key and press Power Key to confirm your selection.
- It will unlock the bootloader of your OnePlus 5.
- The phone will reboot twice and it will take some time be patient.
You have successfully Unlocked the Bootloader of OnePlus 5.