Unlocking bootloader of the smartphone will allow you to enter the world of custom ROMs. You can choose between various ROMs available on the internet for your device. OnePlus One is especially a great smartphone if you look at its Development on unofficial forums like XDA.
Unlocking bootloader will result in a factory reset of your smartphone. If you want to proceed further, please do it at your own risk.
Steps for Unlocking Bootloader of OnePlus One Smartphone
- Perform Backup of your smartphone. As unlocking bootloader will result in a factory reset.
- Open Developer Options in Settings menu.
- If you can’t find Developer Options in the settings menu. Then Navigate to About Phone and Tap seven times on Build Number.This will enable Developer Options in Settings Menu.
- Enable USB Debugging in Developer Options. Also check Advanced Reboot.
- Make sure latest drivers of your smartphone installed on your computer.
- Install ADB and Fastboot Drivers. Click here.
- Hold Power button tap on Reboot and select Bootloader.You will only see reboot options if you have enabled Advanced Reboot.
- To manually boot into Fastboot Mode. Switch off your smartphone. Then Hold Volume Up and Power Key together to enter into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer.
- Open command window where you have installed ADB drivers.
- To open command window hold shift and right click in the ADB folder and choose “open command window here”
- Type “fastboot devices” without quotes to check whether OnePlus One is connected or not.
- Type “fastboot oem unlock” to unlock bootloader of your OnePlus One. Once the unlocking is finished your smartphone will automatically reboot.
- You will encounter with first-time step screen because your smartphone has been factory reset.
You have successfully unlocked bootloader of your OnePlus One.