CyanogenMod 13 is now available for OnePlus X. CM offers great customization and stock like interface just like OxygenOS. To be honest, OxygenOS is identical to CyanogenMod. So you will, get most of the feature and more in CyanogenMod if you install. Its worth giving a shot.
Since CyanogenMod hasn’t released a stable version of CM13 for OnePlus X. Currently, only nightlies are available. You can use nightlies are your daily driver but, they might include some experimental features which might be removed from the stable version.
Things you will need
Unlocked Bootloader – Bootloader of your OnePlus X should be unlocked.
Custom Recovery – A custom recovery like TWRP must be installed on your smartphone.
Battery – Charge your smartphone sufficiently to last the process.
Guide to Install CyanogenMod 13 on OnePlus X[Onyx]
- Download both CyanogenMod 13 and Google Applications zip file from above links and transfer them to your smartphone.
- Now boot your smartphone into recovery mode. Turn off your device. Then hold Volume Down + Power key together to boot into recovery mode.
- Perform a Nandroid Backup.
- Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache, System and User Data.
- Back at main menu tap on Install. Then browse the CyanogenMod 13 zip file your transferred. Swipe to confirm flash.
- Then flash google applications you downloaded.
- After flash both ROM and GApps. Wipe cache, and dalvik cache.
- Reboot your smartphone.
Voila and now you have the latest nightly of CyanogenMod 13 installed on your OnePlus X. Enjoy.