OxygenOS 3.1.0 based on Android Marshmallow if finally available for OnePlus X. A long awaited update which everyone was looking forward too.
There’s a catch this update is not official that means OnePlus has not released Marshmallow for OnePlus X. Instead, developers have ported OxygenOS 3.1.0 for OnePlus X.
Bugs/Known Issues in the ROM
- Network unstable in some regions( though “regions” are unknown)
- Language localization improving
- 3rd party apps may face incompatibility issues
Stock Recovery is recommended for Installing the OxygenOS 3.1.0 build for your OnePlus X.
Backup all your essential stuff. This ROM supports dirty flashing but there is still a risk of data loss. Complete factory reset is you are coming from different ROM.
This is a limited program so OnePlus may disable the download link once they have enough people using OxygenOS 3.1.0
Steps to Install OxygenOS 3.1.0 on OnePlus X
- Download the OnePlusXOxygen_14_OTA_015_all_201608181615_e03d2112e8ad4bff.zip file from the link below.
- Transfer it to your smartphone.
- Boot into recovery mode. Turn off your smartphone. Then you have to hold volume down key + power key together.
- Inside recovery. Select your preferred language. Then choose Install from local. Then select the zip file you transferred to your smartphone.
- Reboot the device.
Enjoy Android Marshmallow on your OnePlus X.
A google drive mirror will be uploaded soon by me in case OnePlus removed the original file from their servers.
PS – OnePlus servers are damn slow compared to google drive.