Despite being the mediocre smartphone OnePlus X grabbed a lot of attention because of its design which I personally think is better than many flagships in the market.
Nevertheless, OnePlus X has pretty good devs community so users can flash different ROMs on it. The first step towards this would be unlocking the bootloader of your OnePlus X.
Unlocking the bootloader will wipe all the data on your smartphone. So proceed will caution.
Install USB drivers of for your OnePlus X. Click here.
Steps to Unlocking the Bootloader of OnePlus X Smartphone
- Perform a backup of your personal stuff. As unlocking the bootloader will completely erase data on your phone.
- Open Developer Options in the Settings Menu
- Enable USB debugging on your OnePlus X. Click here if you don’t know how to Enable USB Debugging on your OnePlus X.
- Enable OEM Unlocking in the Developer Options.
- [Optional] Enable Advanced Reboot in Developer Options.
- Make sure latest drivers of your phone are installed on your PC.
- Install ADB and Fastboot drivers. Click here to install ADB and Fastboot drivers.
- Hold Power button tap on Reboot and Select Bootloader from the options. You will only see options if you have enabled Advanced Reboot in above steps.
- Manually boot into Fastboot mode by powering the phone on while holding Volume up and Power key simultaneously.
- Now connect OnePlus X with your computer.
- Navigate to ADB folder on your computer.
- Hold Shift key and press Right click inside the folder to open a dialogue box.
- Select “open command window” from the same.
- then type “fastboot devices” to check whether your OnePlus X is successfully connected or not.
- type “fastboot oem unlock” to unlock the bootloader.
You have successfully unlocked the bootloader of OnePlus X.