OnePlus has released OxygenOS 2.2.2 Update for OnePlus X users. The update comes with a lot of improvements in User Interface, Fixes a lot of bugs and issues. It is definitely worth upgrading your OnePlus X to OxygenOS 2.2.2.
This is still a Lollipop update so users will have to wait a couple of months before getting a Marshmallow release for OnePlus X. This guide is especially for OnePlus X user. In case you own a different OnePlus device then please don’t try this ROM.
If you are migrating from OxygenOS 2.2.1 to OxygenOS 2.2.2. Click here.
If you are migrating from OxygenOS 2.2.1-X to OxygenOS 2.2.2.Click here.
This is the link for full OxygenOS 2.2.2 ROM. Click here.
Guide to Install OxygenOS 2.2.2 on Your OnePlus X
- Download to the desired ROM for your OnePlus X from above links.
- Transfer the zip file to your smartphone’s internal storage.
- Now boot your smartphone into recovery mode. Turn off your device. Then hold Volume Down key + Power Key simultaneously to boot into Recovery Mode.
- Now tap on Install and browse the zip file you transferred to your phone.
- Let the process finish up.
- Reboot your device.
Voila you are now running latest version of OxgenOS on your OnePlus X.